Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tebow's Concussion

I have never in my life seen such media attention to a concussion as there has been since Tim Tebow was leveled by a Kentucky linebacker a little over a week ago.  If I did not know any better I would think that he had fractured his skull or had been injured in a way that no player has ever been injured before. Tim Tebow is not the first player to ever have received a concussion and I am sure that there have been worse concussions to happen in college football than Tebow's.

I am not a fan of Tebow at all but I will give credit where it is due. Tebow is good football player but is not the second coming of Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino or any other great NFL quarterback.  Tebow as of right now is a low first round or high second round pick.  I do not understand why every time I turn on ESPN all I ever hear is Tebow this and Tebow that.  He is a great leader and a very good COLLEGE football player. I would not put him though in the same category as Jim Thorpe, Herschel Walker, Vince Young or Red Grange.  These players could single handily win games for their team.  Tebow will never be a good NFL player he will join the league of Florida QBs that amount to nothing in the pros.  Must I remind everyone of Jesse Palmer, Rex Grossman and Danny Wuerfell.

I just do not understand why they are making such a hype about all this.  I had a concussion in high school that knocked me out cold for a couple minutes and was back playing the next day.  I admit that concussions are serious but I do not think that anyone players deserves 24 hour coverage about if he can eat or read yet due to an injury.  However, every one commentator and expert in football worships the ground that Tebow walks on. 

On a side note, I just hope that the next time Tebow scores and does the Gator chomp towards the ground that he is called for unsportsmanlike conduct due to making a "gesture" towards the crowd.  I mean that is what the rule states but some how when Tebow does something it is ok. I mean it should be he is TIM TEBOW.  

No comments: