Sunday, January 24, 2010

Recruiting Update

So far everything sounds good with the recruits being on campus this weekend. All the recruits were at the basketball game last night and seemed to be having a great time with all the dunks and the fans really getting into the game. The Bulldogs top prospect this weekend is Jeffrey Whitaker. Coach Mark Richt was able to get a lot of one on one time with Whitaker. Whitaker was really looking forward to this weekend and being able to meet and talk with Coach Todd Grantham he had this to say:

"I am just looking forward to meeting Coach Grantham. They told me I will be one of the first prospects to meet him. I talked to Coach John Lilly on Tuesday, and I also spoke to Coach Rodney Garner and Coach Mark Richt this week. They are all excited about the new coordinator, and they cannot wait for me to meet him. Coach Garner thinks I will fit in great in the 3-4, and he thinks Grantham is a nice guy,"

The Bulldogs were able to get a in home visit with Telvin Smith on Thursday night and from all the talk coming out of the Smith front it seems like Georgia is now the team to beat. Smith also has Florida high up on his list but Florida recently received a commitment from Micheal Taylor. The Gators are running out of scholarships very quickly and Smith has not setup an official visit to Florida yet.

Thursday afternoon Coach Todd Grantham and Scott Lakatos visited the Ogletree brother's in their house. Alec Ogletree had this to say about the coaches:

"I was a little bit concerned before I met them, but that was because I did not know who would be coaching me. It was a really good visit, and I hope to grow closer with them over time. I think they have built up a really good staff at Georgia. Now I am just ready to sign and get up there,"

"I let them know it was an honor to be the first prospect to host them in my house, but now they need to just get out there and see the other commitments and prospects we are after,"

Kipp Adams, recruiting coordinator for Rivals in the state of Georgia made a post that the Bulldogs are going to be going all out for their top targets in the next ten days (Kadrone Boone, Telvin Smith, Jeffrey Whitaker, Mike Thornton and Christian Green).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Telvin committed to Florida State? I think that they would be high on his list too?

Dawgsopinion said...

Smith has given a soft verbal to FSU. His verbal commitment was made in August. This was his second visit to Athens with his first coming November. He has an interest in Florida but the Gators have not given him an offer yet.