Friday, March 12, 2010

Bulldogs Targeting Top Prospect for 2012

After the NUC Combine last weekend Jordan Jenkins is starting to seperate himself from the rest of the field. Jenkins had a great workout at the combine and is fast becoming one of the top targets in the state of Georgia for the class of 2012 after being named the Overall MVP at the camp. Jenkins is 6'3" 228 lb DE out of Harris County HS in Hamilton, GA.

Jenkins currently views Georgia Tech and Alabama as his top two schools because they have been showing him the most attention over the past year, but the Bulldogs are closing the gap quickly. Jenkins was at Alabama's Junior Day two and half weeks ago and will be in Athens next weekend for the Bulldogs third Junior Day this year. Jenkins spoke with Kelly Quinlan from JacketsOnline.com and had this to say about the Bulldogs

"I think Georgia's education program is alright. I don't know much about Georgia yet. I don't really have an opinion about them yet, I am just waiting to find out. I didn't watch much football till the eighth grade. Everyone at my school likes either Auburn, Georgia Tech, Georgia or Alabama. They all give me their opinions on where I should go. I have tuned them out because after a while you don't want to listen to it."

Hopefully a nice weekend in Athens will leave a lasting impression. The SEC is not the only conference after Jenkins. He recently moved to the Georgia from Washington and is currently being recruited by Oregon and Oregon State as well.

No comments: