Thursday, March 11, 2010

Georgia in Top Two for Ward

The offers for Xzavier Ward keep rolling in as he's picked up two more earlier this week, from Louisville and Purdue. This brings the total number of offers to eight so far, with these offers coming from Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville, North Carolina State, Purdue and South Carolina. The only two schools that he has visited so far are Georgia and Alabama. Chad Simmons from Scout.com caught up with Ward recently and asked him about both his visits

"I visited Georgia first for their Junior Day in January and it is really nice up there. I went to a game there in the fall and I loved up there. I really like the college, I like the Georgia tradition, and they told me I could be a big asset to the team at offensive tackle."

"I just went to Alabama a couple of weeks ago and it was nice there too. They just won the National Championship so that stood out the most to me when I was over there. I also like how the coaching staff has a lot of guys that coached in the NFL for a long time.”

Ward states that he likes both Alabama and Georgia but is going to keep looking at all the schools out there. He is not planning on making a commitment until after his senior season. 

No comments: