Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bulldogs Offer Wesleyan Center

The Georgia Bulldogs offered David Andrews, 3 Star center, out of The Wesleyan School in Norcross, GA on Thursday. Andrews could be a relatively easy commit for the Bulldogs but you can never take any recruit for granted.

Andrews is friends with current Georgia Bulldog Ben Jones and had this to say about him:

"I've asked him for advice before. He's always been there at all the summer camps, and I remember my sophomore year he'd be there helping me, correcting me on some little stuff here and there. He's crazy, but he's a good guy. I'd like to think I can play like that."

Bulldogs offensive line coach, Stacey Searels, was the one who informed Andrews that the Bulldogs were wanting him to play for them.

"It was a special moment, Coach Searels has been recruiting me from Day One. We've got a special relationship. He's been over a couple of times and when I called last night he said 'David, how would you like to play in the SEC for Georgia?' I was just stunned. I was not expecting that at all. I was very surreal."

Andrew says that he will make a decision before the start of his senior year. The Bulldogs have an upper hand over all the other teams in the NCAA when it comes to Andrews. He has admitted that his grandfather was an avid Dawg supporter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This kid is gonna be good. He just received an offer from Michigan this week. He is a good friend of my son at Wesleyan and make no mistake, he will sign with UGA.

Dawgsopinion said...

Keith,
Looks like you called it with Andrews. I am really happy that he gave his commitment. We are 4/4 in commitments that bleed red and black it's gonna be a great class!