Friday, February 5, 2010

Richt Completes Staff

Mark Richt has finally completed the Georgia coaching staff for 2010 season today with the hire of Warren Belin. Belin was the linebacker coach (2001-2009) and recruiting coordinator (2008-2009) at Vanderbilt University.

While at Vanderbilt Belin has coached four All-SEC linebackers and during the 2008 season one of his linebackers made 2nd Team All-SEC and one made Freshman All-SEC. This might not look like a lot but you have to remember that Vanderbilt is not bringing in top 10 recruiting classes so for a coach to have his position players making the All-SEC team at Vanderbilt means one thing. You can really coach!!

Mark Richt has this to say about Belin:

"Warren has had some of the best linebackers and tacklers in the league for years, I've always admired his work at Vandy and people have been talking to me about him for quite a while. When Todd (Grantham) and I interviewed him, we were very impressed with his knowledge of the game, schemes, and fundamentals. He's going to be a perfect mentor for our players as well."

Belin seems to be very excited about taking the position at UGA in statement released by Belin he has this to say:

"I want to thank Coach Johnson and the Vandy staff for eight great years competing in the SEC and everything they have provided me and my family, I'm looking forward to the next step in my career with Coach Richt and the opportunity to compete for SEC and national championships. I look forward to working with Coach Grantham, Coach Garner and Coach Lakatos in installing the new defensive package. My wife and family are excited about the opportunity to become part of the Athens community, Bulldog Nation and the great tradition at UGA."

Bringing on a coach such as Belin to coach our linebackers is a tremdendous move by Richt. Richt has made some very top notch hires this off season we now have one of the top 5 best defensive staff's in the nation on my opinion. The Junkyard Dawgs are BACK!!!!! I truly believe that we will have a top 10 defense within two years if not by next year. I know this is a bold predication considering the amount of starters on defense we lost but I really think our coaches can do just look at their resume

GATA

No comments: