Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bulldogs show interest in 2012 RB

The Bulldogs are showing interest already in a 6'3" 209 lb sophomore RB out of Seffner, FL. Matt Jones is a going to be a large back probably finishing his high school around the 220-225 lb range. He compares himself to Brandon Jacobs. Jones has said that the Bulldogs were first to show him interest but not the only team:

"Georgia and South Carolina are the two that has been showing the most interest. Georgia has told me they plan to offer me. They are the first to say that and that is something I will remember later on in my recruitment."

Jones was a big fan of Knowshon when he was in junior high and loved to watch him on Saturdays:

"Georgia is a team that was one of my favorites when I was younger. Knowshon Moreno is one of my favorite running backs. I liked watching him at Georgia and how he set the tone for the offense. I was definitely focusing on that when I saw them play,"

With Jones being exactly four years behind Washaun Ealey the Bulldogs could already be thinking that they have found his replacement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Armwood has been one of the top programs in Florida over the last 6 years. They play in the same region as Plant High School (Aaron Murray and Orson Charles), and the two teams have staged some epic games the last 3 years.

Armwood has sent a lot of players to Florida and Iowa (???) over the last few years.

They are typically known for an unbelievable defense, but their offense drastically changed this year once Jones started running the ball. He's young, he's raw, but he could be a BEAST in 2 years!