Thursday, February 18, 2010

UGA Could Land Top Safety out of GA

Damien Swann, 4 Star S, out of Grady HS in Atlanta has UGA in his top two right now. Alabama had been the clear cut frontrunner for a while but the Bulldogs have been coming on strong lately. Swann had this to say about the situation:

"Alabama is still that top school because they came around first and they were in my face every chance they get. But now that Georgia is showing me that same attention I am really looking at them in the same way. They are neck and neck right now, and Florida is coming on too."

Swann would be a huge pick-up for the Bulldogs 2011 class. The Bulldogs have two people, Branden Smith and now Zach Witchett,  working for them to help Swann make the right choice and join the Bulldogs 2011 class. Swann had this to say about each one:

 "I played against Branden Smith at Washington my sophomore year, and I hung out with him a couple weeks ago at the Junior Day. Branden did not try to pressure me to join him at Georgia, he just said to follow my heart and go with that. He told me he knew he had every option he wanted, and he said he knew Georgia was for him because of how they explained they would use him"

"Zach is one of my childhood friends, and we have been thinking about playing college ball together for a long time, so now we just might."

Zach Witchett received his offer this morning from UGA and all arrows seem to point that Wichett will give a verbal to Georgia sooner than later.

Swann is not sure yet when he will make a decision, as more and more offers keep pouring in for him. As of right now he has offers from Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas Tech and Virigina Tech.

No comments: