Monday, February 15, 2010

Georgia gets 2011 Commitment

Georgia got some good news to start their week with OLB Amarlo Herrera of North Clayton HS College Park, GA  giving a verbal commitment to UGA this morning. Herrera had offers from Florida, GT, Oklahoma State, Ohio State and Mississippi. Herrera gave a silent verbal commitment to UGA at Junior Day two weeks ago but wanted to bring his family to UGA before going public. Herrera made these comments today about his recruitment and Georgia:

"They are my home team, and growing up in Georgia, you have to like them. There is no better school than Georgia, and since they were the best fit for me, I chose them. I always felt if I had an offer from Georgia, then that was where I would be going. When they came through with the offer, I spoke with my family about it, and we decided Georgia was the place for me. The coaches knew if I ever got the offer I would be going to Georgia. They were somewhat surprised when I chose them over Florida. I thought about them, but Coach Richt told me if I knew where I wanted to go, then to go ahead an decide."

These are the type of guys that UGA needs to be going after, guys that bleed red and black already. I am extremely happy that we got Herrera but it sounded like we had him all the time, all we had to was offer him. Herrera has stated that he is ready to help with recruitment and will be trying to get DE Xzavier Dickson to commit:

"Xzavier Dickson I am going to be in your ear. You have got to come to the University of Georgia"

GATA Herrara. That's all I have to say.

No comments: