Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Georgia Could Land Daniels

Former Georgia player Phillip Daniels has a son playing high school football right now and his name is Davaris Daniels. Daniels is a 4 Star WR out of Vernon Hills, IL and is the #5 WR nationally by Scout.com. With the Bulldogs losing Da'Rick Rogers and only landing two WR this year, it would be a wonder why UGA would not go after Daniels. Especially, since Daniels has came out and stated how much interest he has in UGA already. Here are some of his comments:

"I like the University of Georgia a lot. As far as the current program goes, I have not been following it a lot because they have not been showing too much interest quite yet. I grew up around Georgia football. My dad went there and it has always been a part of my life. I know Coach Mark Richt is the kind of person I would like to play for. What he does for his players and people around him is big. An offer from Georgia would be big. It would mean a lot to me since I grew up around it that program has always been in my heart. If the offer comes it will be a special moment."

You have to wonder why UGA has not offered Daniels yet. Their has been some issues with Daniels and UGA coordinating their schedules so that Daniel's can visit UGA. Hopefully Richt is waiting until Daniels is on campus and can offer him in person with his father there.

Daniels currently has offers from Illinois, Michigan, Miami, Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin. It really sounds like all UGA has to do is just offer and he'll say yes. This would be the fourth recruit we would land already that bleeds red and black.

GATA

No comments: